GIP is an office created by the CPR – Conselho Português para os Refugiados – http://cpr.pt/ (Portuguese Counselling for Refugees). The mission of the CPR is to promote and defend the right to asylum in Portugal through the direct, free, independent and impartial support of refugees. This goal will be achieved through advocacy and information sessions, as well as training. The intervention areas cover: social and legal support, professional training and integration and language teaching and support.
In partnership with the IEFP (Institute for Employment and Professional Training), the GIP is a free support service that promotes the professional (re)integration and articulation between training and active life. It is an intermediary space between Employers and the unemployed population, promoting the information and scholar / professional orientation and accompanies the citizen when he looks for a job.
GIP helps companies (disseminate their job requests, helps recruiting people and inform about support measures and incentives to hire people) and population (scholar and professional information, tutoring when looking for a job, workshop about how to look for a job, disseminate job offers, etc.)
CPR is developing a series of projects that can be found http://cpr.pt/projetos/
The active / ongoing projects are:
- We are family – http://cpr.pt/portfolio/we-are-family/
- Acolher melhor – http://cpr.pt/portfolio/acolher-melhor-acolhimento-integrado-aos-requerentes-de-proteccao-internacional/
- EURITA – http://cpr.pt/portfolio/eurita/
- Preventing and countering extremism and radicalization: an action plan for Portugal – http://cpr.pt/portfolio/preventing-and-countering-extremism-and-radicalisation-an-action-plan-for-portugal/
- SEE.TELL.LISTEN – improving refugees’ digital literacy through photovoice and storytelling – http://cpr.pt/portfolio/see-tell-listen-improving-refugees-digital-literacy-through-photovoice-and-storytelling/
- Partilhar para empregar – conhecer culturas para promover a empregabilidade – http://cpr.pt/portfolio/partilhar-para-empregar-conhecer-culturas-para-promover-a-empregabilidade/
- Reinstalação, uma nova oportunidade – http://cpr.pt/portfolio/reinstalacao-uma-nova-oportunidade/
- Português para ti – http://cpr.pt/portfolio/portugues-para-ti/